Let’s rewind for a sec. Back in episode #146, I dished on Facebook groups. This is one of the bold moves I want you to consider making in 2017, because if you take the time to do it thoughtfully, it could be a tremendous game-changer for your business.
No one knows that more than Jill and Josh Stanton. In just two years the Facebook group they built for their ‘Screw the Nine to Five’ business has skyrocketed from less than 7,000 members to nearly 40,000.
You’re going to hear us talking about a lot of wicked smart strategies they are using to maximize the impact of the group on their business—list-building, selling, cross-promoting, sexy funnels and more.
BUT, pay attention to me here because I don’t want you getting overwhelmed. Keep your eyes on the prize as you listen to the podcast (and lose your mind over all the cool things that Jill shares).
The point of a Facebook group is engagement. The more you do that, by asking questions, listening and showing up in general, the more you’re going to know about what your audience wants and needs.
That’s the magic fairy dust your group will sprinkle so you really can see, hear and feel your audience, as well as show them mad love by delivering content that will make a difference in their lives.
- Cracking the code on how to find out what your group members truly WANT. (Hint: Polls are everything.)
- Using the group to build your email list and cross-promote your other programs. (For example, the Stantons market their membership site inside the group, which serves as an entry point for their sales funnels.)
- Striking a harmonious balance between free content shared in the group with paid content in a membership site or whatever you’re selling.
- Keeping content organized inside of the group.
- Managing the group, especially the bigger it gets. The kind of support needed, as well as how often you need to get involved.
- The role Facebook Live can play in the group. (You’ll love the unique way Jill and Josh are using it OUTSIDE of their group too!)
This episode is LOADED. Listen up.
Oh, and one more very exciting thing. I did my first ever ‘after show’ with Jill and Josh. There was just so much to cover. Download it here and listen to more of our chat on their Facebook group do’s and don’ts, why the group should be about YOU and the value of connecting your members.
Links mentioned in this episode:
Episode 146: 3 Types of Facebook Groups
FB Group Engagement Freebie
Screw the Nine to Five
Screw the Nine to Five Community Facebook Group
Episode #97: How to Grow a Profitable Facebook Group with Jill and Josh Stanton
Transcript Coming Soon!
Click Here to Subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)